Help Pay for Healthcare near
CAM has decided to keep its doors open to serve those less fortunate in the San Antonio community. Click here for a current list of CAM services and requirements.
This program is in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
by City of San Antonio (COSA), Neighborhood & Housing Services (NHSD)
Critical funds are available to help residents who are struggling to pay rent, utilities, internet, groceries, medicine, and fuel.
This program provides housing (rent or mortgage), utility, and internet assistance to qualifying individuals or families during the COVID-19 crisis. In addition, qualifying individuals or families will receive $150-$300 (based on household size) for food and other necessities through the Family Independence Initiative.
Please review the following eligibility and documentation requirements before beginning the application process.
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
• Be a current resident of the City of San Antonio;
• Be the primary lease or mortgage holder in a multifamily unit, mobile home, or single-family home within the city limits of San Antonio;
• May only apply for rent, mortgage, and utility assistance related to one primary property;
• Have a household income at or below 100% of the area median income (AMI) as defined by HUD; and
• Provide ID and proof of hardship. Acceptable forms of documentation are listed here.
We continue to provide this service.
In partnership with The Bexar County Health Collaborative, we work with community families to identify and address their needs. By asking a series of questions, we can quickly assess a person's needs and search community resources and programs to address those needs.
We track the progress of each referral, which allows us to further support the needs of our community.
Sign up by calling or sending an email with contact information.
Your local, non-profit health plan. For over 25 years, Community First Health Plans has been providing affordable health coverage for families, children, expectant mothers, and children with special needs in Bexar county and 7 surrounding counties. Community First Health Plans (CFHP) was established in 1995, by the University Health System, specifically to begin providing health care coverage to the citizens of Bexar and the surrounding seven counties. As the only locally owned and managed, non-profit health plan in the area, our commitment to our members is to provide great health care benefits backed by outstanding service, delivered by people who live right here in South Texas. Our goal is to make San Antonio have more successful health outcomes by putting the community first.
We remain open to provide services to families in oue neighborhood. Before visiting, please call to verify days and hours of operation.
Our dedicated staff is making emergency plans to help Kendall County clients in crisis.
To prevent the spread of COVID-19, HCFS is now providing curbside service to minimize exposure to the virus.
For food assistance, please call (830) 249-8643. Leave a message, and we will return your call within 24 hours.
If you have suffered a serious financial setback due to COVID-19, click here to apply for assistance.
HCFS APPLICATION 2020
1. Download Free Adobe Reader to your device or computer https://get.adobe.com/reader/
2. Download HCFS application from our website to your device or computer
3. Complete the form
4. Send it back at as an attachment or link to the email [email protected]
5. We will call you back within 24 hours.