Tax Preparation near
If you need assistance during this crisis, contact (210) 226-6178 to be screened to receive basic needs through St. Stephen’s CARE Center, and Guadalupe Community Center. Both centers remain open during normal business hours to provide food, clothing, and other self-sufficiency services to those who need us most.
by City of San Antonio (COSA), Department of Human Services (DHS)
The Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) Program provides free income tax return preparation to hard working taxpayers earning up to $55,000 annually. VITA helps working families take advantage of all of the tax credits they are eligible for including the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC), Child Tax Credit (CTC), and education credits. Volunteers from the community help prepare basic, current year tax returns for eligible taxpayers free of charge.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING TO A VITA SITE?
The following items are needed to prepare your tax return:
• Driver's License or Photo I.D.
• Social Security Card or Individual Tax Identification Number (ITIN) for all members in your family
• All W-2 Forms
• If filing jointly, your spouse must be present Copy of prior year tax return (if applicable)
• 1099 Forms (if applicable)
• 1099-G Unemployment Benefits
• 1099-INT Interest from your bank
• 1099-R Pensions, Annuities, Retirement Plans
• Account Numbers for electronic deposit of refund
WHEN TO EXPECT A REFUND?
All VITA tax returns are prepared and submitted to the IRS electronically by Coalition volunteers. If you will be receiving a refund, you can anticipate receiving a check in seven to ten days business days.
Taxpayers earning up to $55,000 annually