Hearing Tests near
Click here for our COVID-19 protocols.
Newborn Hearing Evaluation Center (3 weeks old – 6 months old)
Sunshine Cottage offers comprehensive newborn hearing evaluations with our team of seven audiologists who specialize in pediatrics. Comprehensive newborn testing will include Otoscopy, Tympanometry, Otoacoustic Emissions, Acoustic Reflex Thresholds, and natural sleep Auditory Brainstem Response (ABR) testing (500-4,000 Hz). After testing, the audiologist will guide the family to make a plan for the child to ensure that he or she has optimal access to sound to achieve speech and language development. Referrals will be made to appropriate professionals in the community.
Hearing Evaluations for Children (6 months old - 5 years old)
We provide complete hearing tests on children in the community when there is a suspicion of hearing loss and/or if there is a speech/language delay. Our specialty is evaluating children with a developmental delay or those who require additional pediatric support.
Sunshine Cottage offers comprehensive pediatric hearing evaluations with two audiologists. Comprehensive hearing testing will include Otoscopy, Tympanometry, Otoacoustic Emissions, Acoustic Reflex Thresholds, and Behavioral Audiometry. After the evaluation, our team will take the time with your child and family to review all test results, answer any questions and make sure that your child's needs are met through a series of recommendations.
To limit the spread of COIVID-19, this program has been suspended until further notice.
Help with hearing aid needs.
Contact for details.
Free hearing tests.
Fees for equipment.
Heart Healthy Families is a national outreach and education program developed by CRW & Associates, LLC to promote health care awareness to entire families and the community.
Our goal is to affect positive behavioral change through information, education, and linkages to resources.
- Provide essential education and resources that address prevalent chronic conditions such as high cholesterol, hypertension (high blood pressure), stroke, diabetes, and cancer.
- Provide health education to vulnerable populations.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to church health ministries and community organizations.
- Build community capacity by developing culturally relevant programs that can be replicated and sustained in the community.
- Empower and educate community members to become health advocates
- Create coalitions and partnerships that link the faith and health community.
We also provide faith communities and nonprofit agencies with educational materials about Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP to assist them with educating their neighbors and clients.
CRW supports faith communities, nonprofit agencies, and other organizations with their health and wellness programs.
No in-person services are offered at this location. Contact Olga Rodriguez for information.
- Provide financial assistance to the Converse Blue Santa Project for Christmas baskets and toys for the underpriviledged within our community
- Eye exams and glasses for economically disadvantaged children and adults
- Youth Programs: Diabetic Essay, Outstanding Youth, and Peace Poster Contest
- Queens Scholarship Pageant (Judson HS)
- Dictionary Project (Converse Elementary School - 3rd graders)
- Sponsors bloodmobile visits
- Sponsors mobile eye screenings
- Recycles eyeglasses
- Recycles hearing aids