We are a non-profit, ecumenical ministry designed to Introducing adolescents to Jesus Christ and helping them grow in their faith. We do this by:
- Praying for kids.
- Going where kids are.
- Building personal relationships with them.
- Winning the right to be heard.
- Providing experiences that are fun, adventurous
- Sharing our lives and the Good News of Jesus Christ
- Inviting them to personally respond to the Good News.
- Loving them regardless of their responses.
- Nurturing kids so they might grow in their love for Christ
and the knowledge of God's Word and become people who
can share their faith with others.
- Helping young people develop the skills, assets and
attitudes to reach their full God-given potential.
- Encouraging kids to live connected to the Body of Christ by
being an active member of a local congregation.
- Working with a team of like-minded individuals - volunteer
leaders, committee members, donors and staff.
Every Saturday from 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM we serve a hot meal, hand bags of groceries, offer clothing and toiletries, and haircuts once a month. We have an Outreach Pavilion where people can come in out of the heat or cold and sit at tables and be served. A playground is available for children to play.
The center serves seniors living on San Antonio’s west side with programs including health and nutrition classes, dance therapy sessions, and arts and crafts activities.
The Senior Center offers hot, nutritious lunches daily as part of its nutrition program.
Free health screenings are regularly available through a partnership with the University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio.
Throughout the year, the Senior Center also hosts various holiday and cultural celebrations.
For many seniors living in the surrounding community, Good Sam fulfills a vital need, reducing social isolation and improving their quality of life.
(Senior Services is a program of Good Sam's Family Development Services.)
Seniors, 60 years and older
For more information about the Senior Center, please call (210) 434-5531.
(210) 434-5531 x: 5005
Comfy Casas provides minor home repairs and various home appliances to low income seniors and disabled adults. Client referrals come from intake assessment coordinators, volunteers and paid delivery drivers. These essential visits enable us to identify and address the clients' home safety needs. The coordinator conducts an initial walk-through in person or over the phone in order to discuss much-needed repairs with the client. Minor home projects may be completed by volunteers. Projects beyond the scope of this service are referred to other organizations.
One of the easiest things we can do is make sure the temperature in our clients' homes is seasonally appropriate. So that means providing ACs and heaters to ensure our clients stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. In 2020, we have helped 449 senior neighbors age comfortably and safely in their homes!
**We are unable to accommodate major home repairs and electrical repairs.**
To receive services from Comfy Casas:
- You must be receiving meals from Meals on Wheels San Antonio
- Minor home repairs require the client to be the homeowner and reside in Bexar County
Free box fans are provided to senior citizens in an effort to provide heat relief and prevent heat-related illness during the hot summer months, please call the United Way Helpline at 211.
Services for Seniors only.
Meals on Wheels Kendall County delivers frequent in-home visits that provide unique opportunities to meet nutritional needs, combat social isolation, address safety hazards, and provide holistic care.
How Do You Qualify For Meals On Wheels Kendall County?
- 60+ or caregiver of someone 60+
- Resident of Kendall County
- Not able to cook/prepare your own meals
- Not able to leave your home
- Not able to drive
Additional Delivery Services:
- Fans and Heaters
- Flower Bouquets
- Fresh Produce
- Pet Food / Veterinary Care Services
- Library Books
- Supplemental Food Boxes
- Emergency Meals and Supplies