Health Insurance Selection near
The YWCA is following all State, City, and District mandated COVID-19 protocols.
Ventanilla De Salud (VDS), in collaboration with the Mexican Consulate, provides health education and health service referrals to the San Antonio immigrant community. The objective of the VDS is to improve access to primary and preventive health services, increase coverage in public insurance and promote a culture of health prevention for Mexicans living in the United States. In addition, VDS can provide information on educational, legal, and financial guidance.
You can also make your inquiry by email at [email protected] or by phone at (210)956-6943, (210) 227-9145 ext. 3626, or from 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM at (210) 433-9922 ext. 235.
VDS operates at the Consulate of Mexico.
AARC is one of the largest and most experienced providers of LGBT health and mental health care, supported by a culturally sensitive team working to advance the care and treatment of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender people.
Primary Care: AARC’s Health Equity Clinic (HEC) provides a safe space for licensed medical staff to conduct intakes and medical assessments while offering treatment services for the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender (LGBT) community in San Antonio, which historically one of the most medically underserved populations in South Texas. AARC contracts with LGBT and LGBT-friendly physicians and clinicians who are culturally sensitive and representative of the communities served. In addition to primary medical care, AARC Health Equity Clinic staff offer comprehensive information, referral, PrEP, HIV care and patient navigation services for LGBT patients and consumers.
AARC will utilize its LGBT clinic for health services outreach and education to LGBT organizations and the community throughout San Antonio. AARC Health Equity Clinic services are offered with respect and compassion for the diverse community we represent and serve.
HIV Specialty Care: AARC’S Health Equity Clinic offers people living with HIV a wide range of support services, including leading-edge medical care. AARC’s wrap-around care model practices a holistic approach to treatment, helping clients manage all aspects of living with HIV, through counseling, nutritional advice, and transportation support.
Nutritional Services: AARC provides home-delivered meals (Meals on Wheels) to individuals who are on home hospice, home health or who have been recently released from the hospital as well as on-site meals for those with multiple medical and social service appointments. All nutritional services are coordinated through AARC’s registered dietitian.
Pharmacy services include:
- Private consultations with staff members who can answer your questions about medications, especially HIV-drug regimens and side effects
- Free, confidential delivery in San Antonio (some restrictions apply)
- Prescription refill assistance program
- On-site assistance in English and Spanish
If you’re a client of our health center, pharmacy staff will work closely with your physician, nurse, nutritionist, case manager, and/or mental health provider to help you achieve your health care goals. (Pharmacy hours and phone: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM, 210.231.0383)
Behavioral Health: Mental Health Services are provided to individuals and families who are dealing with various life stressors. These services are conducted in a group or individual setting, and provided by Licensed Professional Counselors. All behavioral health programs are overseen by Howard Rogers, M.A., AARC’s Executive Director, also a Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist, and by Dr. Robert Jimenez, AARC’s Medical Director, a psychiatrist with a history of working with individuals living with HIV.
- Spanish and bilingual services are available.
- The prescribing and monitoring of psychotropic medications to individuals with a diagnosed mental disorder and are provided by a licensed physician.
- The provision of prevention and treatment to address substance abuse problems (including alcohol, legal and illicit drugs) in an outpatient setting. Substance Abuse groups revolve around an evidence based approach to treating substance abuse and involve both group as well as individual support.
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
If you are uninsured, we can help determine your eligibility for medical and drug assistance programs.
WellCare Medicare Advantage Plans offer extra benefits to take care of all aspects of your health.
Many plans include:
* $0 or low monthly premiums
* Money back in your Social Security Check
* Prescription drug coverage
* Dental – preventive and comprehensive coverage
* Vision allowance for glasses and contacts
* FREE annual fitness membership
* FREE Transportation to doctor visits and pharmacies
We will help you explore your Medicare options to help you make a good decision.
Premiums depend on individual circumstances.
Community First Health Plans (CFHP) helps families, children, expectant mothers, and children with special needs access affordable health coverage.
Our goal is to help you, from learning how to best use your plan benefits to locating one of our network doctors in your neighborhood.
CFHP assists with the following programs:
- STAR Medicaid
- CHIP/CHIP Perinatal
- STAR Kids
CFHP also provides these Health and Wellness programs to members at no added cost:
- Healthy Expectations
- Asthma Matters
- Healthy Mind
- Diabetes in Control
- Healthy Living
- Healthy Heart
- Empowering Pathway
- Financial Wellness
CFHP also provides these services to members at no added cost:
- 24/7 Nurse Advice Line
- Member Services Hotlines
- Help with finding doctors
Must qualify and become a CFHP member.
Who may qualify:
- Children age 18 or younger (up to age 20 in some cases)
- A pregnant woman of any age
- A Texas resident
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident (Only the child must be a U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident to be considered for coverage. The citizenship or immigration status of the parent will not be asked.)
- Must meet the family income guidelines as set by Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC).
Click here to fill out form or call the office for more assistance.
Outpatient HIV Medical Care: Providing compassionate medical treatment that empowers health and prevention in an outpatient setting:
- Healthcare provided by doctors with board-certified expertise
- Onsite blood draw service
- Onsite pharmacy (while you wait or delivery)
- Medication assistance for eligible clients
- Medication counseling by physician or pharmacist
- Medication assistance for eligible clients
- Multidisciplinary approach to provision of comprehensive healthcare
- For an appointment, phone 210-225-4716 or email [email protected]
- Astoria Pharmacy, a division of Southside Pharmacy, is located at SAAF in the outpatient clinic suite. Astoria offers:
o Retail pharmacy
o Specialty pharmacy
o Free confidential delivery
o Refill reminders
o Copay assistance
o ADAP Program
o 340B pharmacy
o Patient advocacy and community liaison
o Competitive cash prices.
o Accept 350 insurance plans and provide pharmaceutical assistance for patients who qualify for Ryan White benefits.
o To transfer or refill your prescription, phone: 210-951-8877 or email [email protected].
Medical Case Management:
- Clients meet regularly with our medical case managers who ensure access to medical care, retention in care and adherence to medications. Treatment adherence counseling is provided to ensure readiness for and adherence to complex HIV treatments.
- In addition, medical case managers help to navigate and coordinate the complex social service system thus ensuring access to all available medical and supportive services that may help to optimize their life situations and improve healthcare outcomes.
Non-Medical Case Management:
- Our non-medical case managers provide guidance and assistance to clients in accessing medical, social, community, legal, financial and other needed services. Non-medical case managers may also help clients access other public and private programs for which they may be eligible, such as Medicaid, Medicare Part D, State Pharmacy Assistance Programs, Pharmaceutical Manufacturer’s Patient Assistance Programs and Health Insurance Marketplace Plans.
- Professional counselors help clients identify goals and potential solutions to problems which cause emotional turmoil; seek to improve communication and coping skills; strengthen self-esteem; and promote behavior change and optimal health.
- Our mental health clinicians are state-licensed professionals who can provide individual and group therapy.
- Clients receive HIV-related oral health care or dental care through dental subcontractors in the community. Through Ryan White funding SAAF can subcontract diagnostic, preventative and therapeutic services by general dental practitioners, dental specialists and dental hygienists.
- For More Information or to set up services, contact the intake coordinator at 210-225-4715.
Transitional, Short-term Housing:
- Only a short walking distance from SAAF, the facility houses a total of 20 men, women and transgender homeless clients at any given time
- Staffed 24/7
- Residents may remain in the program for 90 days and are eligible to re-enter program after 90 days of discharge.
- The Carson House is a drug and alcohol free environment.
- The mission of the program is to allow homeless individuals living with HIV/AIDS to reside in a comfortable, home-like environment for up to three months, providing them the opportunity to move beyond their present situation and achieve residential stability.
- Clients admitted to program can be referred from any variety of AIDS service or social service organizations, such as prison discharge units, hospital discharge units, drug treatment programs, etc.
- Residents pay a minimal monthly housing fee.
- The facility is wheelchair accessible.
Services only available to registered clients - individuals living with HIV/AIDS.
Need Health Insurance? We can help - for free!
Click here or call us to make an appointment.
CommuniCare Health Centers is dedicated to providing a high-quality and holistic approach to the care of our seniors. We offer an integrated healthcare model including medical, dental, and behavioral health. Our healthcare team focuses on the prevention, early diagnosis, and treatment of chronic diseases. Our Senior Care services include the following:
- Acute care for geriatric patients
- Chronic disease management
- Preventative Health Care (annual exams and immunizations)
- 24/7 access to our healthcare team
If you’re turning 65 you will be Medicare eligible. We understand that the Medicare program and application can be confusing and burdensome. For these reasons, CommuniCare offer the following assistance in helping you understand your Medicare benefits:
- Medicare program education
- Medicare benefits counseling
- Medicare enrollment assistance
- Assistance in identifying the Medicare plan that best fit your healthcare needs
Seniors 65 and older.
Seniors 65 and older.
Seniors 65 and older.
Texas leads the nation in uninsured children and adult uninsured! With today's situation with the virus, Health Coverage is so important to add years to someone's life!
We are Medicare/Medicaid Specialists with FREE SERVICES to help our elderly and CHIP Specialists to help our children!
HASA stakeholders and members agree to enhance community health status through a collaborative health information exchange, ensuring that patient privacy and data security is paramount. Members agree to exchange appropriate patient information to enhance care transparency. HASA stakeholders and members commit to support and abide by established standards and conditions of data integrity and data exchange. HASA Stakeholders support the sustainability of the organization through the promotion of fee-for-service programs and alternate funding opportunities.
Helping families and adults who are unable to pay for their medications.
For epilepsy patients, taking their prescribed anti-seizure medication every day is critical to their health and safety. Patients who stop taking their medications without a physician’s supervision are in serious danger of having an unexpected seizure that could be a life-threatening event. Our staff recognizes the importance of medication adherence; our Emergency Medication Assistance Program is a critical service for epilepsy patients.
30-Day Supply of Medications:
This program provides a 30-day supply of an individual’s anti-seizure medications at no cost to the patient. Our staff works directly with the patient’s pharmacy to pay for the prescriptions. Emergency medical assistance is granted on a case-by-case basis.
During the month the patient benefits from the program, our staff will work with the family or individual to help enroll them in a patient assistance program or insurance coverage to ensure they do not find themselves in the same situation after the 30-day supply is gone.
To learn more about Emergency Medical Assistance, contact us through our online form or call us.
We remain open to provide services to families in our neighborhood. Before visiting, please call to verify days and hours of operation.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul offers tangible assistance to those in need on a person-to-person basis. It is this personalized involvement that makes the work of the Society unique.
Aid may take the form of intervention, consultation, or often through direct dollar or in-kind service.
An essential precept of the Society's work is to provide help while conscientiously maintaining the confidentiality and dignity of those who are served. The Society recognizes that it also must assume a role of advocacy for those who are defenseless or voiceless.
- Must reside within parish boundary.
- Drive-Thru Food Distribution
Heart Healthy Families is a national outreach and education program developed by CRW and Associates, LLC to promote health care awareness to entire families and the community.
Our goal is to affect positive behavioral change through information, education, and linkages to resources.
- Provide essential education and resources that address prevalent chronic conditions such as high cholesterol, hypertension (high blood pressure), stroke, diabetes, and cancer.
- Provide health education to vulnerable populations.
- Provide leadership and technical assistance to church health ministries and community organizations.
- Build community capacity by developing culturally relevant programs that can be replicated and sustained in the community.
- Empower and educate community members to become health advocates
- Create coalitions and partnerships that link the faith and health community.
We also provide faith communities and nonprofit agencies with educational materials about Medicare, Medicaid, and CHIP to assist them with educating their neighbors and clients.
CRW supports faith communities, nonprofit agencies, and other organizations with their health and wellness programs.
No in-person services are offered at this location. Contact Olga Rodriguez for information.
Combine your Medicare health & prescription drug benefits in one plan. Choose from a wide range of low-cost and $0 premium plans. Get started now. No obligation to enroll. Fast plan comparison. Helpful licensed agents.
With our Amerigroup Medicare Advantage plan, you’ll get more benefits than Original Medicare, many at no cost to you!
• Vision Benefits
• Hearing Benefits
• Dental Benefits
• Fitness Program
• Prescription Drugs
• Over-the-Counter Health Care Items
• Personal Emergency Response System
• Preventive Benefits
• Worldwide Coverage
• Nurse Helpline
• Livehealth® Online
• Everyday Extras
$0 premium plans. (You must continue to pay your Part B premium.)
Enjoy ZERO copays on the following benefits*:
• $0 Primary Care Provider visits
• $0 Nephrologist visits
• $0 Preventive dental exams and cleanings
• $0 Hearing Aids
• $0 Diabetic supplies
• $0 Podiatry visits
*Monthly, quarterly and/or annual limits apply.
We will assist you in applying for all Medicaid, Healthy Texas Women, Transportation assistance and many others to support your health. If you have been denied before we can help!
Click here to request an appointment.
We provide the following services to refugees and their families in San Antonio, TX:
- Healthcare Navigation
- Citizenship Classes
- Education Assistance
- Health Insurance Application
- Immunization Screening
- Social Services Referral
- Financial Assistance
- Rental Assistance
If you are in need of assistance or would like to learn more about a specific service, please click here to contact us.
by Society of St Vincent de Paul Southwest Texas Council
Due to safety concerns, this program has been temporarily discontinued. Please check back for updates.
The Society of St. Vincent de Paul offers tangible assistance to those in need on a person-to-person basis. It is this personalized involvement that makes the work of the Society unique. This aid may take the form of intervention, consultation, or often through direct dollar or in-kind service. An essential precept of the Society's work is to provide help while conscientiously maintaining the confidentiality and dignity of those who are served. The Society recognizes that it must assume, also, a role of advocacy for those who are defenseless or voiceless.
Must reside within parish boundary.
TLT HOPE will help you transition back to society within 30 to 120 days.
We will provide temporary housing, transportation to public offices to help you secure necessary identification for employment and driving, a 3-day pre-employment workshop, job leads to 2nd chance employers, referrals to business professionals who can assist you in finding long-term housing, purchasing a vehicle, obtaining health insurance, arranging substance and alcohol abuse counseling, and opening a bank account.
The 3-Day Workshop will include the following classes: Budgeting, Entrepreneurship, Resume Writing, How to Dress for Success, Interview Practice, Work Skill Essentials, Caring for yourself Spiritually, Finding a Good Home, Purchasing a Vehicle, and Goal Setting.
After the 3-day Pre-employment Workshop, and with the approval of your parole officer, you can begin paid employment in a day-shift position.
We do accept those with GPS monitors.
Note: Our program cannot serve individuals with sex offense convictions, or those with mental health disorders, due to insurance requirements.
- Positive attitude to change for the better.
- You can only be employed on day shifts through suggested local felon friendly agencies which pays $700-900 weekly. After you move out then you can switch to a different job.
- We will only provide transportation to and from bus stop for employment.
- You will be required to save 40% of your income to help you meet the goal of self-sufficiency.
- You will be randomly drug and alcohol tested to keep our campus drug and alcohol free.
- You will undergo search of your belongings going in and out of our dorms when you get off of work.
- No sleeping all day on off days. Follow posted schedule.
- Non-prescription medications not allowed unless approved by staff.
After you have reached your goals, you can live where you want to live when you have your own house and transportation. We are here to help you meet your goals so that you don’t follow the same cycles that placed you in jail.
Click here to learn how to apply.
Click here to contact our Admission Coordinator.
Seniors 65 and older.
Seniors 65 and older.