Thrive Youth Center's mission is to provide a safe, effective, and supportive center for homeless LGBTQ youth, so they may become productive, skilled, educated, and successful adults with the ability, opportunity, and possibility of achieving their dreams.
Your tax deductible monetary donation will impact the lives of countless homeless young adults and supports our goal to reduce LGBTQ youth homelessness in our city!
Do you have in-kind donations? We can always use support for our young adults at the shelter and out in apartments!
Here are some items we currently need for our Emergency Shelter:
- *Hand Sanitizer
- *Vegan Snacks/Food (no-cook or microwavable)
- Large plush blankets/throws
- Full-size body products- shampoo, conditioner, body wash, hair care products for ethnic hair/natural hair.
- $10 gift cards to Starbucks, McDonald’s, HEB, Walmart, or Whataburger
- Daily or weekly VIA bus passes
- Printer paper (white and color)
Here are some items we currently need for our apartment clients:
- Non-perishable food items-*Especially rice, rice-a-roni, beans, soups, pasta, pasta sauce, hamburger helper, granola bars, cereal/oatmeal, boxed milk, coffee, peanut butter, jelly, and fruit (packs of fruit bowls, applesauce, etc.)
- *Microwaveable food
- Food Basics: Cooking oil, salt, pepper, and other commons spices
- Laundry Supplies: Detergent, bleach, softener, and dryer sheets
- $10 Visa gift cards (for clients to use at laundering facilities)
- Kleenex, toilet paper, and paper towels
- Disinfecting wipes/spray
- Reusable shopping bags
- Unused Pots & Pans
- Wifi Hot Spot Devices and Data Cards
- Prepaid Phones or Phone Cards (Cricket or Simple Mobile)
*Items with a star are high need at this time!
Monetary donations can be made here or by mail at Thrive Youth Center, P.O. Box 160161, San Antonio, TX. 78280.
If you would like to donate some items, please email [email protected] with questions or to arrange a time to drop off donations!
Thrive houses 20 young adults in their own apartments with rental assistance for up to one year. This program is open to any young adults ages 18 to 24 who are experiencing homelessness in San Antonio, though clients must come to us through a system called "Coordinated Entry." We received the grant in 2018 and housed another 20 young adults, and will be able to start housing another 20 in October of this year. Our apartment clients receive all of the same services as our shelter clients, but the services are wrapped around them in their own housing.
Youth ages 18-24.
Thrive has two street outreach workers who provide services to homeless young adults who live on the streets. We provide survival backpacks which include hygiene items, first aid items, socks, snacks, water, and resource guides that highlight services throughout Bexar county. Our main objective is to try to get these young adults off the streets and into shelter, whether it be Thrive or another program.
Thrive’s emergency shelter is housed on the campus of Haven for Hope and provides 10 young adults with shelter for up to 6 months. The core services at our emergency shelter include not only basic needs of food and shelter, but individually tailored and youth-directed case management plans to help young adults move forward in exiting homelessness. Thrive assists young adults with linkage to resources such as ID recovery, counseling, medical services, gender-affirming care, educational opportunities, and vocational training in a safe and supportive environment. Our focus is to help remove barriers that young adults may encounter in seeking services and help guide them toward their next move in achieving their goals.
LGBTQ youth and young adults.
|Monday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Saturday: - See Below|
|Sunday: - See Below|