28.19 miles away, 1106 10th St C, Floresville, TX, 78114
Workforce Solutions Alamo (WSA) and Texas Workforce Solutions Vocational Rehabilitation program (TWS-VRS) are working together to provide a variety of services that assist eligible people with disabilities prepare for, obtain, retain or advance in employment.
Services include (as needed):
- vocational counseling and guidance
- referrals for hearing, visual and other examinations
- assistance with medical appointments and treatment
- rehabilitation deceives, including hearing aids, wheelchairs, artificial limbs, and braces
- therapy to address a disability, including occupational or speech therapy and applied behavioral analysis
- physical restoration services
- medical, psychological, and vocational assessments
- assistance with college education or trade certification
- on-the-job training
- training in workplace and employer expectations
- vocational adjustment training
- rehabilitation teachers services to help you learn Braille, orientation and mobility, and home and health management skills if you are blind or have a visual impairment
- supported employment
Job Matching & Placement Services
- transportation assistance to and from your job, including travel vouchers and vehicle modifications
- follow-up and supported employment services to help you maintain employment
- referral to Business Enterprises of Texas program, Criss Cole Rehabilitation Center, and other state, federal, and community agencies and organizations
Services may also include:
- referral to community support systems, such as peer support and advocacy organizations.
- vocational counseling and guidance, including exploring employment options and postsecondary education programs with high school students who have disabilities
- required assessments to determine eligibility and VR needs
- interpreter services for people who are deaf and hard of hearing
- needs assessment of assistive technology
- assistive devices such as hearing aids, prosthetics, braces, and wheelchairs to improve functioning on the job
- assistive technology and training, including training to use hearing aids, Braille, low-vision aids, and other types of technology to improve communication, access to information, and performance of job functions
- orientation and mobility training for participants who are blind.
- speech, physical, and occupational therapies
- outpatient psychiatric and psychological services
- Personal assistance services
- medical treatment to reduce or remove barriers to employment
- work-based learning experiences for high school students with disabilities, such as job shadowing, volunteer work, internships, and summer employment
- training in behaviors that are expected by employers in a work environment
- job coaches and support for customized employment, self-employment, and supported employment
- college, technical, and on-the-job training
- return-to-work, job retention, job development, and job placement assistance
- instruction in self-advocacy
You may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation services if you:
- have a disability that results in substantial barriers to employment.
- require services to prepare for, obtain, retain or advance in employment.
- are able to obtain, retain, or advance in employment as a result of services.
Disabilities Served through Vocational Rehabilitation include:
- blindness or significant visual impairments
- deafness, or other hearing impairments
- neurodevelopmental disabilities, including autism, ADHD, intellectual, learning, Tourette’s, and other developmental disabilities
- physical disabilities, including traumatic brain and spinal cord injury, cerebral palsy, paralysis, or any impairment in movement
- other physical or mental conditions
- behavioral and mental health conditions
- alcoholism or drug addiction
Call or email to get started, or click here to get started online.
Monday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM Thursday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM Friday: 8:00 AM - 12:00 PM; 1:30 PM - 5:00 PM Saturday: CLOSED Sunday: CLOSED