No matter where you are on your faith journey, you are welcome here.
Wherever you may be in the journey of faith, University Presbyterian Church (UPC) welcomes you. We welcome into full participation people of every age, sex, race, color, ethnicity, culture, immigration status, political affiliation, economic condition, physical and mental ability, marital status, sexual orientation, and gender identity and expression.
Connecting with others who accept and affirm one's life journey is crucial in the grief journey. This eight-week class has been created as a place where members of the LGBTQ community are assured a safe environment where they can embrace their grief, learn to bear it, and discover ways to heal. Attending all eight sessions is most beneficial, therefore no new participants are accepted after the second session.
Please call Darwin Huartson, 210-227-8221, to inquire location and starting dates for class sessions.
If you or someone you know is experiencing symptoms of a mental or behavioral health condition, not having someone to confide in or not knowing how to navigate available resources can make matters even worse.
The Bridges to Care program at University Presbyterian Church offers mental and behavioral health support that includes:
- A compassionate listening ear
- Help finding educational resources
- Help connecting with professional service providers
- Help connecting with peer and family support groups
Wellness Champions at University Presbyterian Church have received training from NAMI San Antonio to be companions to those struggling with mental and behavioral health concerns.
Please reach out if you or someone close to you would benefit from their support.
As a community of faith in Jesus Christ, we believe we are called to a reconciling relationship with God, with one another, and with the world beyond our walls.
In our worship, we:
- Value excellent preaching and music which engage people spiritually, intellectually, and emotionally,
- Project the message of the gospel as a healing and empowering force in the world,
- Celebrate our roots in the Reformed tradition, remaining open to the reforming process so that the core truths remain relevant in our time and place, and
- Seek to integrate Biblical scholarship, sound contemporary reference, traditional and contemporary music, and liturgical expression into a Reformed order of worship.
We are an Open and Affirming Congregation.
Click here for worship times and other details.