For the latest Covid-related info, visit Better. Safer. AlamoTOGETHER.
Westside Education & Training Center (WETC), located in Westside San Antonio, in the heart of the Edgewood community, opened in 2006 to improve the education and skill levels of students and community residents served by bridging the gap between education and high-skill, high-wage jobs through the alignment of education and workforce development efforts to ensure students and residents with opportunities to acquire the advanced education and skills necessary to be competitive in the workforce and to support the region’s targeted driver industries and the availability of trained and ready workforce.
WETC offers the following programs and services:
- I-BEST: Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training
- NVC Water Resource Science Program
- NVC Community Health Worker Program
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- General Education Diploma (GED)
- Small Business Development
- Financial Empowerment
- La Printeria
- GED Testing
- Community Computer Lab
- Financial Aid and Admissions Assistance
- Placement Testing
- Advising and Registration
- Public Allies
- Food Pantry
- Healthy Lifestyles
Some services are for Alamo Colleges students only but others are open to prospective students and the community at large. Call for details.