1111 N Main Ave. San Antonio, Tx 78212 is temporarily closed until further notice. Call Texas RioGrande Legal Aid (TRLA) 956-996-8752 for further help.
LASSA's mission is to provide trauma-informed, client-centered legal services to victims from intake to case closing. To that end, LASSA case handlers and advocates focus on client safety, privacy, and legal goals.
Services and Activities:
- Advise and represent survivors so they can achieve their civil legal goals, including divorce, child custody, obtaining unpaid wages, maintaining benefits, fighting workplace discrimination, and obtaining work permits and immigration status for immigrant victims of violence
- Help survivors ensure their safety through protective orders and special safety requests at work and school
- Help survivors safeguard their privacy by protecting their health information and counseling records, and by assisting them in managing ongoing privacy concerns
- Provide survivors with access to legal services by conducting trauma-informed intakes through our LASSA hotline and by reviewing legal requests for survivors at shelters and rape crisis centers
- Help empower survivors and their families by coordinating Coss-agency referrals from and to community partners
- Survivors of sexual violence can apply for our services by calling our intake number (800-991-5153). Legal advocates at shelters and rape crisis centers also conduct intakes for survivors.
For more information, please visit LASSA.
Legal aid for survivors of sexual assault (LASSA) call the hotline (800-991-5153) or click here to get free legal help.