Our Parent Engagement program is an ongoing initiative that focuses on increasing active participation, communication, and collaboration between parents, schools, and communities with the goal of educating the whole family to ensure student achievement and success. This is accomplished by developing activities that foster inclusion, involvement, and a fun environment for all families.
These activities are developed by a campus team made up of the parents. Parents are the driving force and architects of the program, with the following goals:
- Development of meaningful and fun family activities that promote parental involvement
- Identification of community resources and specialized services
- Advocacy for inclusion of parent "voice" in decision-making
- Leadership development and civic engagement
- Empowerment of all parents in making positive choices for their families, schools, and the communities they represent
Each target school has an opportunity to create or customize activities that meet the unique needs, catch the attention and motivate families in their specific community to increase academic opportunities for students, and build a campus focused learning community in partnership with school administration and teachers.