United Way’s Women United provides child care scholarships to help parents with the cost of child care while they are enrolled in college full-time or working and enrolled part-time.
This program supports parents pursuing either an associate’s or bachelor’s degree for the first time.
Click here to learn more.
Parents selected for child care scholarships must meet the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in school or technical skills training for a minimum of 12 hours if not working OR enrolled for a minimum of 6 hours and working 19 or more hours weekly
- Attending job training schools or earning their associate or first time bachelor’s degree
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Provide referral agent all class and/or work schedules when available, and must keep referral agent informed of changes in contact information, employment and school status
- Have demonstrated financial need
- Must complete FAFSA application
- Not currently enrolled in a Child Care Services subsidized child care program
- Have a demonstrated plan for reaching their educational and employment goals
- Be a citizen or legal resident of the United States and a resident of Bexar County
- Be screened by a referral agent and selection committee