Head Start promotes school readiness by encouraging parent involvement and through children's cognitive, social, emotional, language, and physical development.
Head Start aims for every child to be:
- Achieving developmental milestones
- Safe, healthy, and well
- School ready
- Forming positive relationships
Family Service Head Start is much more than child care; it’s quality early childhood education that includes:
- Research-Based Curricula Lesson plans are built around research on children’s development and learning and promote positive progress and outcomes.
- Family Engagement Parents' and caregivers' involvement in their children’s education has a long-term impact on their child’s success. Our Centers make it easy for parents to be involved.
- Lower Ratios Our classrooms have fewer students per teacher, allowing for more individualized care and attention.
- Wraparound Services Resources and services are provided to help the child and family thrive.
The age requirement for our Head Start Prekindergarten Program is three years old on or before September 1.