Through our Senior Planet brand, we develop and provide curriculum and training directly to older adults. Today, Senior Planet is the nation's most effective program for transforming the lives of older adults through a powerful combination of technology, in-person training, online tools, and community-building spaces and events.
Having home internet can help you save money, look for a job, connect with others, make everyday tasks easier, and much more! This lecture goes over basic information you need to know when signing up for home internet service.
You’ll also learn about the Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP), a permanent, government program that helps qualifying low-income households pay for internet service and connected devices. In some cases, depending on your internet plan, the ACP discount may help you get home internet for free!
Click here for a list of lecture dates. This lecture is given weekly, but registration is required.
To reach the Senior Planet Tech Hotline, please call 888-713-3495.
Senior Planet from AARP’s technology hotlines are run by patient technology trainers who can help answer your tech questions.
You can also receive information about Senior Planet’s free virtual classes. We offer interactive classes on Zoom, telemedicine, online shopping, and much more.
- Help With ACP Application
|Monday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Tuesday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Wednesday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Thursday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
|Friday: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM|
Who Are We?
Senior Planet members are an extremely diverse group of people 60 and over but all of us have these things in common:
- We have a burning desire to improve our lives in the years we have left - to make friends, to make money, to make a difference on the issues we care about, to discover new pathways for our creative selves, be as healthy as we can be and have a fun time while doing it!
- We’re optimistic about the future and our rightful place in it.
- We’re curious and eager to learn how to use technology and other powerful tools to help us live better and achieve our dreams.
- We’re committed to each other and to making Senior Planet a strong, positive, and effective force for producing social change.
Why Should You Join?
While anyone over 60 is warmly welcomed to take classes, attend lectures, and use our space for FREE without becoming a member, joining our membership program is highly encouraged. Becoming a member gives you the opportunity to dive deeper into the Senior Planet community, gain access to special programs, receive quarterly impact reports and annual technology reviews and gain the opportunity support the work of Senior Planet to teach older adults around the nation how to use technology to improve their lives and help lead a growing social movement to transform how the world views aging.
Joining is Easy!
All we ask is that you…
- Make an annual donation of any amount (every dollar helps!)
- Volunteer at least once a year
Sign Up Now!
To become a member, fill out the form below and you’ll hear from us right away about the next steps. Need to know more first? Have questions?
Visit our website's Membership Details page.
Older adults 60+.