Inman is a neighborhood based community center serving the needs of low- income individuals and families in the inner city of San Antonio. Inman provides childcare, social services, education, recreation, and emergency food assistance as well as housing for individuals who are elderly and/or disabled.
Our Westside location at 1214 Colima serves food to the primary zip codes 78207, 78228, and 78237 .
The program for elementary school age children is structured to help them with school homework and provide snacks and activities to give the children a fun place to go after school.
Inman provides an after school program for children in the 78207 zip code.
Ages served: 5 through 12 years
Call for further information .
A solid curriculum, good nutrition, health and emotional support helps each child develop to his or her full potential.
Childcare is available for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years (including pre-K 3-5).
The Child Development Center accepts payments from the city of San Antonio’s CCS (Child Care Services) program. This means that our program offers care and early childhood education of the highest quality to your child.
Inman sponsors six apartment communities located in various areas of San Antonio serving low-income elderly adults and adults who are disabled or recovering mentally ill.
Villa de Amistad Apartments 814 Pleasanton Rd.,
SAT 78214 (210) 922 - 7301
Villa O’Keefe Apartments 2130 S. WW White Road,
SAT 78222 (210) 333 - 3461
Lasker Village Apartments 2106 S. WW White Road,
SAT 78222 (210) 333- 3461
Hereford Apartments 8911 Timberwilde,
SAT 78250 (210) 681 - 5447
O’Keefe Garden Brook Apartments 8734 Garden Brook,
SAT 78245-2154 (210) 674 - 7847
Bud O’Keefe Village Apartments 8694 Garden Brook,
SAT 78245 (210) 674 - 7847
Inman Christian Center partners with the San Antonio Food Bank to provide emergency food to the community surrounding Inman and to our new community located at Loop 1604. Both Food Pantries are operated by volunteers.
- Serving families in zip codes 78207, 78228, and 78237.
- Valid ID.
- Utility Bill or other proof of residence.
Your support through donations of money, supplies or your time can have an impact on a young person for a lifetime.
Click here to make an online monetary donation or mail your donation to: Inman Christian Center, Attn: Bookkeeper, 1214 Colima St., San Antonio, TX 78207.
The following is a list of items needed for child care children and
families needing emergency supplies:
- Diapers (sizes 4 to 6)
- Children's underwear (sizes to fit girls 2 to 3; boys 2 to 4)
- Children's socks (Ages 2 to 6)
- Baby Bibs (all sizes)
- New books (Infants to 5 year old)
- Baby Clothes (Ages 12 to 18 months)
- Child Development Center - Readers to children - baby rockers
- Baby rockers at the Child Development Center rock babies, read, and play with infants and toddlers under the direction of Center staff.
- Readers/Baby rockers must be 18 years of age or older and able to commit to weekly visits for at least one semester. Training and supervision are provided.
- Food Pantry volunteers are needed to unload trucks, stock food and prepare bags for distribution
For more information about all giving opportunities, please call (210) 222-9641 or e-mail [email protected].