Services available in the Good Careers Centers include:
- Job preparation, placement, retention, and advancement.
- Access to equipment, assistance with job searches, and case managers who provide resume templates, complete assessments, and United Way referrals and supports.
- Home, education, and car savings programs whereby if qualified, people can save $1 to have it matched by $3 and $4 depending upon the funded program availability.
- Access to free and low-cost preventive health services through our partnership with the San Antonio Metropolitan Health District and University Health System. We have already provided over 10,000 health services, including thousands of health screenings and nearly 7,000 immunizations.
- Access to financial literacy programs and banking services that are designed to mitigate predatory lending practices.
- Career training and certifications in fields such as information technology and health care and assistance in completing pre-requisites such as GED certificates.
- Referrals to local programs and services such as Food Stamps, TANF, Medicaid, etc.
- Registering to volunteer to complete community service hours, all the while having access to Goodwill's services.
If you have a hearing or vision disability, we can coordinate support for you.