Vanpool makes it possible for groups of five to 15 persons to share a ride to work while splitting the cost of van rental and fuel.
Why use VIAWorks Vanpool?
- It eliminates driving a personal vehicle and reduces gasoline and emissions.
- It saves parking costs and traffic hassles.
- It’s tax-free for riders if done as a payroll deduction.
- Vanpool drivers may keep the van during evenings and weekends, in exchange for keeping a daily log and managing the group’s finances and scheduled maintenance.
- It offers an attractive benefits package on behalf of employers.
- There is always a guaranteed ride home in case of emergency with VIAWorks and the Alamo Commutes Emergency Ride Home program.
How does vanpooling work?
VIAWorks Vanpool vehicles may travel almost anywhere, as long as trips start or end within VIA’s bus service area.
Employees of participating workplaces may receive IRS tax benefits for Vanpool expense reimbursements. VIA also provides a subsidy discount ($20 per person, per month), insurance, 24-hour roadside assistance, and van maintenance.
Click here for more information about Vanpool.