1.08 miles away, 1400 S Flores, San Antonio, TX, 78204 , D5
The Under 1 Roof Program fully replaces worn and damaged roofs with new, energy-efficient asphalt shingle roofs for qualified homeowners.
If qualified, the City of San Antonio will place a Restrictive Covenant, signed by the homeowner(s), requiring homeowner(s) to maintain the property as a homestead and continue to pay property taxes for five years from project completion.
Program eligibility requirements include but are not limited to:
- The property must be within San Antonio city limits (Districts 1-10)
- Must have a current year Homestead Exemption on the property
- Property taxes must be current (or must have proof of payment plan or deferral)
- Be a US citizen or Legal Resident
- The property must be solely owned and occupied (all owner(s) must reside there)
- The home must be less than 1700 sq. ft. Must meet established HUD Income limits guidelines, or be over 62, or disabled or a Veteran
- Gross income must not exceed 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI)
- Property cannot have Metal Roof, Gravel Roof, Clay Tiles, or Wood Shingles
This service is not available online. Please download and complete the paper form here, or call 210.207.6459 to request an appointment.
- Completed & Signed Application
- Copy of Property Insurance declaration page if currently insured
- Current Picture ID or Driver’s License for all homeowners
- 3 Months Worth of current paystubs for all occupants in household (must be current and consecutive)
- Only if self-employed: Copy of most recent Income Tax Return
- Current Award Letter from Social Security, Retirement Benefits, or Child Support
- Current Award Letter for any state or federal assistance program.
- Provide documentation from the supportive agency stating the current amount being received or awarded for all occupants. (SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, Etc.)
- Return form to 1400 S. Flores St. San Antonio, TX 78204.
Applications are accepted year-round and the program is first-come, first-served. There is a waiting list, and you can expect to be on the waiting list for about six months.