San Antonio Behavioral Healthcare Hospital’s Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP), is a structured, therapeutic program that assists in transitioning patients from an acute psychiatric setting to a more independent life in the community. The program is designed to increase and maintain the therapeutic gains individuals have made as patients in the hospital. It may also help prevent the need for future hospitalizations. PHP is tailored to meet each individual’s needs and provides direction and tools that each participant can use in their daily lives.
A psychiatrist will meet with each participant at least once a week, or more often if necessary, to provide medication management, assess health issues, and review progress of the treatment plan. Masters' level therapists and an RN/LVN will lead six groups each day. The curriculum rotates to ensure all participants benefit from a broad range of therapeutic topics.
- Advance understanding of Trauma/Stress disorders and how it is affecting their life
- Decrease emotional numbing and avoidance, increase helpful coping, reduce feelings of edginess
- Decrease depression, guilt, shame, and anger, improve day-to-day living
We specialize in the treatment of:
- Trauma (Military, Sexual Trauma, Childhood Trauma, Domestic Violence)
- Acute Stress Disorder
- Co-occurring (Trauma/Substance Abuse) Disorders
- Combat and Operational Stress
- Substance Abuse Disorders
- Suicidal and Homicidal Ideation
- Mood Disorders
- Personality Disorders
- Marital and Family Reintegration
- Daily Group Therapy including Process, CPT, CBT, and Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Seeking Safety
- Disease Concept
- Step Study
- Nutrition Counseling
- Family Therapy
- Individual Therapy weekly
We accept most commercial insurances: Tricare, Commercial Insurance, Medicare and Medicaid.