This program works with all children regardless of their background to build life skills and healthy habits by sharing Center for Substance Abuse prevention curricula taught in school based setting and out of school time (OST) sites.
Life Skills helps develop and/or strengthen youth’s character development and academic achievement. i.e. self-concept and self-esteem, recognizing and dealing with emotions, dealing with teasing, accepting consequences, refusing drugs and alcohol.
- Memorandum of Understanding must be in place with school districts during school and out-of-school-time.
- Parent/Guardian must sign and complete consent for youth to participate in group.
- Duration/Length of group will depend on curriculum being taught.
- Session/Lesson can last 30 minutes to an hour depending on curriculum being taught.
- Students are not pulled out of their core classes for groups.
(210) 924-0330 x: 224