by Methodist Healthcare Ministries of South Texas
To learn more, or to locate a Community Health Worker near you, call 1-800-959-6673 and ask for the Community Health Worker program manager.
Community Health Workers, or Promotores de Salud, increase wellness by reaching out to, connecting with, and engaging underserved families and communities to help improve health outcomes for themselves, their families, and the communities in which they live.
Methodist Healthcare Ministries' Community Health Workers are certified by the Texas Department of State Health (DSHS).
- Establishing positive, trusting relationships with community residents in or from underserved communities.
- Helping patients/clients, families, and underserved communities overcome barriers in language and culture to better connect to quality health care services and resources.
- Connecting underserved populations to health care services and resources.
- Providing informal counseling, support, and follow-up home visits for patients/patients.
- Aiding in the creation and maintenance of community partnerships, collaborations, programs, and services.