The Victim Assistance Division of the Bexar County District Attorney’s Office is available to assist victims of crime whose case was committed within Bexar County.
Victim Assistance personnel strive to keep victims informed of their statutory rights, the status of their criminal case, upcoming court proceedings, and referrals to the appropriate social service resources to assist them through this difficult and stressful time.
We offer the following services:
- general information about the criminal justice system and court accompaniment;
- notification of the status of your case in the court system;
- referral to social service agencies; aid in preparing an application through the Crime Victim Compensation fund;
- aid in completing a Victim Impact Statement; limited restitution collection and distribution;
- and aid in returning property involved in a criminal case.