Early Head Start provides comprehensive child and family development services year-round for low-income families with infants and toddlers ages birth to three years.
The program aims to enhance children's physical, social, emotional, and intellectual development for school readiness; to support parents' efforts to fulfill their parental roles; and to help parents move toward self-sufficiency.
AVANCE-San Antonio offers a two-option program: a home-based option and a center-based option at licensed childhood development centers.
- Weekly Home Visits
- Bi-Weekly Group Socializations
- Infant/Toddler Child Development Classrooms
- Early Childhood Education and Development
- Services for Infants and Toddlers with Special Needs
- Bilingual and Dual Language
- Health & Dental Screenings
- Developmental and Social-Emotional Screenings
- Child and Family Mental Health (ECI)
- Nutrition Services and Education
- Home Visits
- Parent Education & Services to Fathers
- Linkage to Community Resources
- Transportation (if needed)
- Parental Engagement & Workforce Pathways
We offer high-quality, early childhood education for children 6 weeks through 3 years.
Head Start is a federally funded program provided at no cost for qualifying families.