Prevention is education, and keeping yourself informed is important. Here are some resources on the negative health consequences of alcohol and other drugs, where to get help if you or someone you know is struggling with addiction, and what to do if you suspect someone may have a problem with alcohol and/or other drugs.
- Center on Addiction
- White House Drug Policy
- Parents: DrugFree.org
- Stop Medicine Abuse
- OTC Safety
- Alcohol Justice
- College Drinking Prevention
- Alcohol Free Children
- Shelby’s Rules Foundation
- Texas Youth & Runaway Hotline
- Access is the answer to addiction
- Preventing Suicide: A Toolkit for High Schools
Click here for more information.