Call the Texas Abuse Hotline when the situation is urgent. Urgent means someone faces an immediate risk of abuse or neglect that could result in death or serious harm.
Call the Texas Abuse Hotline at 1-800-252-5400 for situations including but not limited to:
- Serious injuries
- Any injury to a child 5 years or younger
- Immediate need for medical treatment (including suicidal thoughts)
- Sexual abuse where the abuser has or will have access to the victim within the next 24 hours
- Children age five and under are alone or are likely to be left alone within the next 24 hours
- Anytime you believe your situation requires action in less than 24 hours
If you are deaf, deaf-blind, hard of hearing, or speech-disabled you can call by using the relay service of your choice or by using Relay Texas at 7-1-1. Tell the relay operator to call the Texas Abuse Hotline at (800) 252-5400.
You can also use this website to report situations that do not need to be investigated right away. It may take more than 48 hours to process online reports due to high volume.