In partnership with the City of San Antonio, residential CPS Energy customers may qualify for assistance through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA).
Note: The assistance amount applicants are eligible for is determined by whether they fall below, at, or above “125% Federal Poverty Level (FPL)” based on family size. Click here for FPL guidelines.
If you meet the eligibility requirements, click here for the list of documentation requirements and to apply.
- must be either the account holder or authorized user on a residential account.
- must be requesting assistance for a service address in the City of San Antonio
- must have an outstanding balance incurred from March 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021
- have no outstanding balances prior to March 1, 2020 and/or after September 30, 2021.
- must be able to demonstrate experience of negative financial impact by COVID-19 crisis by both self-certification of application questions and providing supporting documents.
- must provide supporting income documentation for every household member 18 years of age or older.
CPS Energy’s Affordability Discount Program (ADP) helps low-income customers with a monthly discount on electricity and gas services.
Click here to fill out ADP Customer Service Form
To qualify for this discount, your income must be at or below 125% of federal poverty guidelines and you must meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Be 60 years old or older.
- Have a disability.
- Use life-sustaining medical equipment.
- Have pre-school aged children or school children age 18 and under.
- Have extenuating circumstances as determined by CPS Energy or the City of San Antonio.
The SaveNow Casa Verde Weatherization Program helps income-qualifying homeowners and renters reduce energy loss (and costs) with free energy efficiency improvements.
FREE ENERGY EFFICIENCY UPGRADES MAY INCLUDE:
- Attic insulation
- Wall insulation
- Air-sealing measures
- Replacement of incandescent light bulbs with LEDs
- Duct sealing
Click here to apply
- This is a free program for income-qualified homeowners and renters
- Customer must meet the income guidelines, and the home must meet program guidelines
- Customer or a representative 18 years of age or older must be on the premises at all times while contractors and/or CPS Energy staff are working
|Monday: 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Tuesday: 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Wednesday: 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Thursday: 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM|
|Friday: 7:45 AM - 5:00 PM|