Your Journey. Our Mission.
Since our founding in 1881 by the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, we have paved new ways for tens of thousands of students to reach their academic dreams. UIW was the first institution to offer higher education for women in central and south Texas, consistently ranks among the top schools for veterans, and ranks No. 1 in the nation among faith-based universities graduating Hispanic students with bachelor’s degrees. As pioneers in Catholic higher education, we continue to forge new roads for every student to reach their full potential and create positive change in the world. UIW is a proud Hispanic Serving Institution.
The UIW Nursing Cardinal Clinic provides preventative healthcare to low income families of the Eastside of San Antonio and the surrounding area.
- Medicaid Texas Health Steps examinations
- Healthy Texas Women Well Women Services (Starting March 2019)
- Low-cost Immunizations through the Texas Vaccines for Children and Adult Safety Net Programs
- Tuberculosis Screen (TB Skin Testing)
We accept Medicaid, CHIP, Texas Healthy Women.
Cash only for adult immunization services.
The Cardinal's Cupboard is a comunity pantry in partnership with the San Antonio Food Bank and is open to anyone. Located on the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) campus in Joeris Hall.
- To make an appointment, please call 210-283-6423 or email us at [email protected].
- The Cardinals Cupboard Food Pantry is open to all in the community and is not restricted to only the UIW community.
- No ID or proof of income is required or necessary.