form communities is now our organizational name, and it uniquely describes what we do best--forming communities of well-being.
With a focus on health, wellness, and recovery, form communities (formerly the San Antonio Clubhouse) provides rewarding work and meaningful relationships for individuals with a mental health diagnosis, allowing them to live more independent and fulfilling lives.
As a Clubhouse, we understand how to develop strong, resilient communities, and we have worked with groups across the country to adapt these lessons to other communities.
As a community of peers, we know the lasting healing that comes from mutual support and the importance of always finding new ways to connect with people.
And as a leader in developing a peer workforce across the state of Texas, we’ve learned how to reform mental health systems into communities of care at every level.
Promoting Wellness In Our Community Through Sustainable Urban Farming.
Clubhouse Grows is San Antonio Clubhouse's On-Site Hydroponic Farm Unit. Our unit produces dozens of pounds of fresh vegetables every month, which are shared by clubhouse members (via the community kitchen and weekly produce boxes) and the broader San Antonio community (via non-profit partners and local mutual aid projects).
The Connection Center provides the training and resources you need to take control of your own success.
Whether you’re focused on self-care in these uncertain times or ready to begin a career in Mental Health Peer Support, the Connection Center has something for you. See the entire list of our services below:
- Mental Health Peer Specialist Training - The need for Certified Peer Support Specialists is on the rise in the Mental Health Field. The Connection Center offers a 1-Day (12:00 PM to 5:00 PM) Core-Training and full 5-Day (9:00 AM to 5:00 PM) Mental Health Specialty Training that you will need for State Certification. Click here for more information.
- Talk to a Peer - Call 210-899-0434. We all need someone to talk to. At the Connection Center we know what it's like to struggle with mental, emotional, and other life situations. Maybe you need help finding resources or just someone to chat with for a while. We're happy to meet you in-person, over the phone, via email, or on Zoom -- whatever you prefer!
- Peer Support Groups - Click here for the latest information on our support groups.
- Mental Wellness Workshops - Click here for the latest information on our workshops.
|Monday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
Since 2003, San Antonio Clubhouse has empowered individuals living with mental health conditions find meaningful work, build meaningful relationships and discover their strengths through volunteer opportunities.
Your support helps us in our mission to provide a unique, evidence-based and cost-effective approach to mental health recovery. Our focus is simple, but life-changing: focus on what our members can accomplish in life rather than on their illness.
Click here to make a donation.
The San Antonio Clubhouse, form foundation's flagship program, is a transformative member-driven community for people experiencing mental illness, based on an international, proven model with identified standards for excellence.
Here you are not a patient; you are a unique and important member of our community with gifts and talents to share with the world. We will help you use those talents and learn new skills so you can reach your full potential.
What you can get from SA Clubhouse:
- A work-ordered day in which the talents and abilities of members are recognized and utilized within the Clubhouse
- Opportunities to obtain paid employment in the local labor market through a Clubhouse-created Transitional Employment Program. In addition, members participate in Clubhouse-supported and independent programs
- Access to crisis intervention services when needed
- Assistance in securing and sustaining safe, decent and affordable housing
How you can help our Community:
- Participation in consensus-based decision making regarding all important matters relating to the running of the Clubhouse
- Assisting other members with community-based educational resources, work and going back to school or getting their GED
- Planning of evening/weekend social and recreational events
- Learning new technologies to assist you and other members in your daily lives
Click here to schedule a tour. While on tour, you will be able to discuss membership, resources, and other opportunities at the San Antonio Clubhouse.
The Get FIT (Families in Training) program is a preventive program aimed at averting Type II diabetes, obesity, and sedentary lifestyles for school-aged children and their families.
The program is offered throughout the academic year at various school districts, and in the summer as a one-month youth summer camp. Get FIT integrates nutrition, physical fitness, and character education to not only support the physical needs of students and their families but also facilitate the healing of the mind, body, and spirit.
Get FIT's goal is to transform the lives of people in medically underserved, rural communities. The program focuses on actively engaging community members and stakeholders in the planning, designing, and delivery of services and programs that meet the unmet needs of their community.
Enrollment is free and open year-round on a first-come, first-served basis.