GRASP will provide help to needy individuals and families improving their quality of life and promoting self-sufficiency.
GRASP serves needy individuals and families
living in these communities and surrounding rural areas:
- Adkins – 78101
- China Grove – 78263
- Cibolo – 78108
- Converse – 78109
- Live Oak – 78233
- Marion – 78124
- Randolph A .F.B. – 78150
- Santa Clara – 78124
- Schertz – 78154
- Selma – 78154
- St Hedwig – 78152
- Universal City – 78148
- Windcrest – 78239
Residents within the city of San Antonio will
be referred to other agencies and resources.
Clients may seek help with rent, hotel nights, personal and household cleaning supplies, emergency food, and GRASP Thrift Store vouchers for clothing, housewares, furniture, and appliances.
OTHER RELATED HUMAN SERVICES FOR NEEDY INDIVIDUALS:
- CLOTHING ASSISTANCE
- EMERGENCY FOOD
- INFORMATION & REFERRAL
- RENTAL ASSISTANCE
- UTILITY ASSISTANCE
- PHARMACY ASSISTANCE
- SENIOR TRANSPORTATION
- SENIOR LUNCH PROGRAM
- SENIOR ACTIVITY CENTER
Families needing emergency assistance, those experiencing a loss of shelter due to a fire, flood, windstorm, or other natural disaster may be eligible for assistance from GRASP. An eviction does not qualify as a residential disaster. National events such as hurricanes will be addressed specifically as needed.
- Resident of Bexar County (Converse, Cibolo, Live Oak, Schertz, Selma, Universal City, Windcrest)
- Referred by the United Way Helpline 211 or Other Agencies (i.e., American Red Cross, Salvation Army or local Fire/Police Department)
- Event occurred within past 90 days.
- Proof of ID, Residency,& Income
- Interview with GRASP Caseworker
All applicants must complete the 2021 Client Services App Pack and meet with the caseworker at the office.
Services are available subject to various income or other conditions and funding requirements. Some may not be available at the time of application if funding is exhausted at the time of your appointment.
GRASP TRANSIT is a service of Greater Randolph Area Services Program, a United Way nonprofit agency that provides public transportation for travel originating in the following cities: Converse, Live Oak, Universal City, Windcrest, Cibolo, Schertz and Selma.
Our service priority is senior citizens over age 60, Low-income families, persons with disabilities, and veterans.
Using a fleet of smaller buses and vans, GRASP provides rides to just about any destination within Bexar County.
Typical reasons customers use our service are:
• Medical Appointments -Picking up prescriptions, doctor appointments (not for emergencies), eye doctors, lab work. GRASP does not provide trips following surgical procedures.
• Personal Appointments – Retail & grocery shop-ping trips, going to restaurants and GRASP Com-munity Senior Activity Center, Congregate Noon Meals & hair appointments, library visits, movies, the gym, or visiting friends.
Free to seniors (age 62 and over) and disabled recipients of SSI or SSDI
Free Transportation is provided to a caregiver or spouse or other family member who is assisting the elderly or disabled client from pickup to the destination.
Cancellation without notice or failure to appear for appointment will be charged a fee if the driver completes the trip to the point of pick-up.
Free trips can be awarded to low-income riders to the GRASP Senior Center who apply at the GRASP offices for vouchers considering income, need, and residency.
GRASP has volunteer opportunities for interested persons of all ages, interests, and skills. Along with opportunities in our Converse, TX Community Center we also have a need for volunteers in our Universal City, TX Thrift Shop. Just fill out our online application below and we will get back to you.
Download The Volunteer Application
|Monday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday: 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
- GRASP offers information, education, and referrals to other area agencies addressing each of the client's needs.
- GRASP provides financial assistance for rent and utilities to prevent disconnection of utilities or household eviction.
- GRASP gives persons with a family crisis emergency food and clothing assistance.
- GRASP helps with pharmacy and other emergency assistance in critical situations.
- GRASP assists with budgeting and planning household finances to avoid or manage future crises and stressful economic situations when emergencies arise.
- GRASP offers transportation to seniors and the disabled to attend congregate meals, medical appointments, shopping, social activities, and other special trips.
- GRASP coordinates group activities and programs for seniors at our community center and nutrition site that include congregate noon meals each day.
- GRASP volunteers deliver daily hot lunches to homebound elderly in the GRASP service area.
- GRASP connects those in need of other services with area agencies, churches, and organizations through its referral and information program.
- GRASP offers local youth opportunities for learning and activities at the community center
"GRASP will provide help to needy individuals and families improving
their quality of life and promoting self-sufficiency."
GRASP offers daily activities and programs for elderly persons to promote socialization, independence and better nutrition to live a longer, healthier and happier lifestyle. Individuals qualify for the program who are ambulatory and over age 60. Spouses and caregivers are also eligible to participate.
Hot noon meals are served daily except weekends at the GRASP Community Center in Converse. Professionally prepared meals meet one-third of the daily requirements for nutrition. All participants must register.
GRASP offers accessible daily bus transportation services for local seniors and disabled persons or living with disabilities.
Individuals can participate in daily activities that include low-impact exercises, guest speakers, arts, crafts, games, classes, day trips, evening dinners, dances and other activities planned by the enrolled participants.
GRASP provides information, referrals and seminars to families and caregivers to help meet the needs of seniors.
Established in 1985 the GRASP Thrift Store accepts new and gently used items for resale. All net proceeds from the store funds the charitable programs provided by GRASP for needy families in the Greater Randolph area. Donations to the GRASP Thrift Store are tax deductible in accordance with the IRS Code and may be arranged for pick-up by appointment.
Shopping at the GRASP Thrift Store not only saves you money, but provides needed funding for our Community Programs that help our neighbors.
Everything from Clothes and Shoes to Kitchenware and Furniture.