Chrysalis exists to equip and empower individuals and their families to overcome the consequences of incarceration.
Chrysalis strives to benefit our community, reducing recidivism and restoring families by providing professional mission-specific services.
A federal mandate specifies that incarcerated individuals have access to religious services. Staff chaplains, as well as volunteers from many faith communities and the professional community provide worship services in 9 local detention and treatment facilities, as well as pastoral care as needed.
The FRC service family members of the incarcerated and individuals formerly incarcerated with:
- Assistance with basic needs (food, clothing, transportation, ID cards, etc.
- Employment assistance through job readiness, and job referrals.
- Regular support group meetings.
- Substance recovery classes.
- Chaplaincy services.
- English as a Second Language (ESL)
- Mental health counseling.
- Public utilities assistance (when funding is available).
- Parenting classes.
- Anger management classes.
- Art therapy for victims of domestic violence.
- Proof of incarceration
Chrysalis Ministries offers in house life skill classes for all clients. We also partner with multiple non-profits to help further client's education.
- Job Readiness and Career Development with 2 annual job fairs (No fee required)
- Money Management
- 12 Step Faith-based Substance Abuse and Recovery (NA & AA)
- Anger Management Class ($55 fee)
- Theft Addiction and Recovery
- Healthy Relationships
- Seeking Safety: PTSD and Substance Abuse Pastoral Counseling (No fee)
- Parenting Classes (No fee)
- Moral Recognition Therapy (No fee)
Click here for program times & dates.
Reentry classes, character development, substance recovery, and anger management classes are provided in most facilities served.
Click here for list of facilities served.
Chrysalis Ministries offers free mental health counseling and chaplaincy services for all clients. These services are available in order to help those attempting recovery, on-going recovery, along with former inmates attempting to merge back into society.
Counseling sessions vary client to client.
Call 210-299-4540 to schedule an appointment.